Terms & Conditions
Arrival & Departure
- The rental commences at 4.00p.m on the day of your arrival and ceases at 10.00am on the day of your departure (We can be flexible if agreed in advance and no other booking commence on your departure day).
- All rentals are inclusive of normal consumption of electricity, heating fuel & water.
- One bag of firewood is provided. Additional firewood can be purchased at £5 per bag
i. The electricity meter and Kerosene tank will be read on your arrival and at your departure.
ii. Excessive consumption will be deducted from your deposit
- The number of people staying in The Tower cannot exceed 8 Adults and The Manor 10 people. Any subletting, sharing or assigning is prohibited unless by prior agreement of the owners. The lead name listed above is responsible for leaving the property clean and tidy, and where loss or damage has occurred, s/he will be liable for any damage costs.
- Any guests arranging functions during the rental period which include additional guests mus be agreed in advance
- Additional guests for functions are limited, will be charged for and must be agreed in advance
- This booking represents a contract between, the owners, and states that the lead name above has accepted the terms and conditions stated here in this document.
- Following receipt of the full amount, a further booking confirmation will be sent to you via e-mail or post.
- All correspondence will be with the lead name on the confirmation invoice who accepts the following conditions on behalf of all other persons staying at the property.
Deposit, security payment and payment
- A 25% non refundable deposit has been made by the lead name listed above. This is to secure your booking and represents a booking that will be fully confirmed on receipt of the remainder of the letting fee.
- Confirmation of the booking will normally be made to you within seven days of receipt of the full payment.
- Full payment is required 6 weeks prior to the rental period.
- If a booking is made less than 6 weeks prior to the rental period, full payment plus £250 breakages/damage deposit is required to secure the booking.
- A refundable breakages/damages deposit of £250 has to be made with the balance payment. This is to cover any breakages or damage whilst staying in the apartment. For functions with single sex groups the security deposit is £500
- Full details of how to get to the property and where the key can be collected will be sent to the lead name making the booking after full payment has been received and no sooner than 2 weeks before the date of entry.
- The owners reserve the right to cancel the booking if payment is not received by the due date.
- Any cancellation must be made in writing.
Cancellation charges are as follows
|Days until arrival||Refund|
|42+ days||Full booking minus deposit|
|1 – 42 days||Nil|
The owners reserve the right to cancel the booking with a full refund of all monies paid
- The owners cannot accept, be responsible for or be liable in respect of loss, damage or changes caused by Force Majeure (e.g. strikes, floods, and closure of airports, weather conditions or other events beyond our control).
In the unlikely event of a complaint during your stay, please contact the owners directly by telephone on UK +44(0) 7706 122034
- The owners do not accept any liability whatsoever for personal injury, accidents, death, loss or damage to persons or personal effects however caused. This is a very old building with steep and narrow stairs, low doors and arches. The garden includes ponds, rocks, slopes and other features. It is not difficult to fall, bump or otherwise hurt yourself or members of your party. You are responsible for your own care, and the constant supervision of your children.
- The owners cannot be held responsible for any noise, disruption or inconvenience caused by ongoing construction civil engineering, farming machinery or any other similar circumstance that is beyond our control.
- Inventory items may NOT be removed from the property. This includes linen and towels.
- Any breakages or damage must be reported to the owner immediately where a cost will be given and deducted from your £250 deposit. Additional payment will be required from any person who ‘wets a bed’. New mattresses will be charged at a rate of £150 per single or £250 per double. Additional cleaning may also be charged if the castle is not left clean and tidy.
- Clients are recommended to take out adequate holiday insurance to cover eventualities such as cancellation, accident, sickness and loss or damage of personal property.
No Smoking Policy
- Please note that smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the Castle. We reserve the right to ask anyone breaking this rule to leave the property immediately. An additional cleaning charge will be removed from your breakages deposit to cover the cost of washing of curtains and any other soft furnishings to remove the smell of smoke for further bookings.
- No firearms of any sort are permitted on the property unless with prior consent of the owner..
- The prices quoted are subject to change without notice but where a booking has been made, the price ruling at the time of the booking will be the price that applies.
- The owners reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions where appropriate. Any changes or amendments will be made available to all persons who have made a booking prior to their stay.